Keeping Pets Healthy
(HEALTHDAY NEWS) -- FOR the 85 million families who own pets in the United States, your furry friends can feel like family.
An important part of ownership is investing in your pet's health, says the American Veterinary Medical Association.
The association mentions these seven ways to help keep your pet healthy:
- Keep your pet at an optimal weight.
- Exercise your pet.
- Feed your pet a balanced, nutritious diet.
- Get your pet checked by a veterinarian at least once a year.
- Vaccinate your pet against potentially deadly diseases.
- Keep your pet parasite-free.
- Spay or neuter your pet.
Story re-posted from U.S. News.
- Jenn Smith