Pet Owners Get Involved
In lieu of Responsible Pet Ownership Month, we encourage pet owners to participate in this month's pet actions by doing the following for dogs and cats:
1. Take your animal to the vet: Get your animal up-to-date with shots and vaccines and ask if you are feeding your pet all-natural healthy dog and cat foods.
2. Feed your pets nutritious foods: Read the labels and prepare healthy food options. (Remember: Do not overfeed dogs or risk weight gain or obesity.)
3. Train Dogs: You really can teach an old dog new tricks. Give it a try. Training a dog a new skill will strengthen hind legs and arms.
4. Exercise with dogs: Very important as dogs age. Dogs that don't get at least 30 minutes of daily physical activity become lethargic and risk health complications as they age including arthritis.
5. ID your animals: For pet owners who have not ID'ed dogs or cats, now's a good time to do it. Register dog micro-chips if able.
6. Play with animals: Take your dogs for walks or to the dog park to play with other animals. Socialization is a must for animals!
Have more tips on how to be a responsible pet owner? Share on @EasyPetFence.com Facebook page using hashtag #ResponsiblePetOwner.