FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $99!*

Cat Paralyzes Woman

RSS
Cat Paralyzes Woman

Back in 2014, a 24-year-old woman went on a holiday vacation to Portugal. All was well until she met a small cat found rummaging through bins. Days after picking up the cat, she felt off: vomiting and becoming weak. Soon after, she learned her stool tests came back positive for campylobacter, a dangerous bacterial infection often found in raw chicken. A little after that, she became paralyzed from the hips down.

Campylobacter is one of the most common causes of food poisoning in the United States. The vast majority of cases occur as isolated events, not as part of recognized outbreaks. Sources. Raw and under-cooked poultry, unpasteurized milk, contaminated water.

The reason for telling you this story is that animal lovers want to help stray animals; but they need to understand that some stray and homeless animals come along with diseases that can harm family members including domestic pets. It's best to separate stray, wildlife, and homeless animals from domestic animals with fencing.

Previous Post Next Post

  • Jenn Smith
144 Cleveland Ave. Waynesboro, PA 17268 | USA , Phone: 888-519-5954 $$$