Dog training can be done at any age; but the sooner that pet owners start dog obedience training, the better off they will be. Like us, dogs need time with other dogs to socialize and play; and there are many ways to train dogs to socialize with other dogs. Here is how to socialize dogs:
- Go to a leash-off dog park; but keep your dog on a leash until they feel comfortable around the dogs at the park. Stay close to the dog in case other pets become aggressive.
- Every time your dog plays with another pet, and doesn't act up, give him/her a healthy dog treat.
- Allow your dog to watch other dog's behaviors; and see how they respond.
- Do not tug on the dog leash. Let them sniff around and observe their surroundings.
- Go to dog training classes to let them play.
- Arrange a play date in your fenced-in backyard.
These dog training tips will prepare old and new dogs to be around other types of dogs.