International Cat Day!
August 8, 2019 is declared to be International Cat Day to celebrate all things cats. There is no better reason to discuss why cats make great pets.
Out of 7.6 million companion animals entering shelters, 1.3 million cats are adopted each year. And, it's no surprise why! Cats make wonderful pets for families and couples on-the-go. Cats are independent and do not require full boarding like dogs. They can self potty train and do not require outdoor trips to the bathroom. They are kid-friendly and play well with other animals.
Cats can play with other domestic animals outside and bond with pet owners. This International Cat Day, consider cat adoption at local animal shelters and cat rescues.
World Cat Day 2018
Today (August 8, 2018) is International Cat Day, a day to give homage to domestic cats and to spread the word about the reasons to adopt cats. More than 57% of average households own at least one cat; and it's no surprise after learning the benefits of owning a cat. Here are a few reasons why cats make the purrfect pet:
- Cats are independent. They can take care of themselves; and they will find their way.
- Cats don't need to go outside to use the bathroom. Set out a litter box; and feel free to go on a weekend getaway!
- Cats are low-maintenance. Any other questions?
- They can't hide their emotions. The purr gives away their happiness and appreciation for cat owners.
- Cats are hunters and make great barn cats. If property owners have a mouse problem, they will take care of it.
Give cats a special gift this World Cat Day by installing a cat fence in the yard for their outdoor enjoyment. Like dogs, cats need a chance to run freely and play with other animals. Having a cat enclosure in the backyard is not only convenient, but it allows for secure playtime.